Saturday, July 24, 2010

Birthday!

Today I turn 23! And I stop to reflect a bit on how life has been and there is only one things that keeps standing out more and more... that is the saving power of Christ in my life. He has been incredibly gracious and merciful and patient with me. I find myself these days often moved to tears reflecting on what I once was and where I now stand and that is only possible because of Christ Jesus who died for my sins, for the times I was a pervert, a jerk to friends, arrogant, and countless other dark things. All things considered, some of the things I did it seriously is suprising I haven't been jailed. I keep a lot of my past hidden from most, but there is one thing that I can assure you, all the while I was committing these atrocious acts that often hurt others usually emotionally, the One whom I offended most deeply, hurt most deeply, loved me so much that He took my punishment and died in my place. He is now risen to prove He is God and that all is not hopeless. I have a wonderful and beautiful Savior who I sing and praise as often as I can. Some of you who do not believe in Christ probably think I'm crazy about what I talk about and how I find myself daydreaming of the glories of His majesty. And it would be right in some aspect to call me crazy as this goes against so many ways this world thinks and operates, but I truly don't care if you think I'm crazy or just blabbing on again, but I can't help but do so because His love has saved me! To me nothing else matters as once I was enslaved to what could never satisfy and the One from whom I deserved punishment took my place and saved this infinitely small and insignificant human named Steven W. Howard. Oh, how great a Savior. Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus Christ! I am greatful to be 23 found in Christ and Christ alone.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Steven! I am sure that you had a wonderful day, and I am glad that you can reflect on who you once were on a milestone day--your birthday. Your post reminds me of a sermon I heard recently, one in which the minister said something along the lines of, "I am better than who I was yesterday, but I am still not the person I can become." I think of that phrase every day and know that it is true.