Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Costume Carnival 2008


Made some fire with pastels and conte around the figure

although I tend to overextend the legs, I liked the color in this one!
a fun experiment with color in a 20minute pose
this is a first! I started with the hand and worked right and successfully pulled off the 5minute pose!


one of my favorites of the day!



The Academy of Art University holds a Costume Carnival every Fall and Spring semester. This one came today, the day after Halloween. Zombies, dead cowboys, sorcerers, post-apocalyptic punks, and cool looking stands which I had the fun opportunity setting up with spiderwebs, draperies, cauldrons, throne rooms, graveyards, etc. It was a lot of fun and I got in 24 drawings today!! Not all are posted- some weren't successful, but these are some of those that I found most enjoyable. Hope you enjoy it too and that you had a great Halloween weekend!

No comments: