Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bugatti Veyron Cross-section (Work in Progress)


This is just a preview of what my next project is. I still have a lot to do and this is just in the penciling stage (like finishing the engine and interior)- next inking and then painting. Last week I was busy searching for an apartment as well as finishing other homework so this project is slightly behind, but hopefully I'll be able to catch up. And yes- my drawings tend to be large. This is 18x24. *side note- constructing a pre-existing car in perspective is hard and takes some time to make accurate!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cowboy CFD4



Here are some examples of the 'big headed' figures we did last time in Clothed Figure Drawing 4 Color and Value.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Additional Blogsite

I have recently added a new blog site in addition to this one which will be for the soul basis of a portfolio development. Currently there are a few of my old artworks that will hopefully soon be switched out for better work.

http://www.swhowardillustration.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

For all da Hip Hop cats



Hip hop drawings from CFdrawing Color. We put down the color first when the models aren't there and then draw and add color where needed when the models pose.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Krazy like Klimpt


Here are two pieces from Clothed Figure Drawing Color and Value done in a Gustav Klimpt style. Both are 4o minute drawings.

Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm actually a robot... who knew? -In Progress

Here is an in progress version of my latest cross-section. I am doing a cross-section of myself for self promotion and my Digital Painting and Portfolio Development class. I might make some alterations based on how my class and instructor critique, but hopefully I can quickly move on to painting this in Corel Painter X (and someday 11 if I can get my hands on it!). The drawing was spread across an 18x24 piece of vellum and an 11x17 piece as it was quite large. This makes it a pain to photograph (with an over sensitive camera) and involves a lot of fixing after the shot. Every time I learn just a little bit more how to better and more quickly solve this issue. Look forward to wherever this piece goes in the near future!