Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Giants of the Past

Finally, the Global Ghalad (the second Lego version- the first was very blocky and someday I will post that up for entertaining reasons :P). This model took a year as well to figure things out and construct. It is over 3 feet long and around 15lbs.
A view of the FFVII collection I created based off of the game amidst my Lego collection before it doubled in size shortly after. All of these 4 models took a year to plan out and construct.
The Highwind from FFVII the video game was quite a daunting task to construct. It is exactly 4 feet long and weighs 23-25lbs. It was physically exhausting as at some points I had to hold the 20lb top half for up to hours at a time as I assembled it to the bottom half and constructed supports for the legs.
One of my most favorite creations: The Rebel Observatory and Gaurd Post. Built in 2003 it was my last allowed submission into my hometown's Lego contest during Tivoli Fest before they only allowed me to display instead of enter the contest. As you can see in this it won best of show. This probably took a couple of months to construct.
These are some images I found recently of the Lego giants I had built in the past. I have a pretty large collection of Legos (estimated to be about over 1 ton in weight worth!) I usually build on a fairly large scale as it provides a challenge as well as there is more I can do on a large scale. The blue and yellow canopy airship above actually took one week to build and was probably 13-15lbs!

1 comment:

Steven Wayne Howard said...

the Rebel Observatory and the blue and yellow canopy air ship were deconstructed and never to be again unfortunately,-- the others are disassembled in hopes that some day they may be safely reconstructed although I've witnessed some with more damage than they should have received in storage and might not be reconstructed- it's what happens when you have to move